Professor Ernest Brennecke of Columbia is credited with inventing a sentence that can be made to have eight different meanings by placing ONE WORD in all possible positions in the sentence:
*"I kissed her in the train yesterday."*
The word is *"ONLY"*.
1. ONLY I kissed her in the train yesterday. (No one else did).
2. I ONLY kissed her in the train yesterday. (Confirmation)
3. I kissed ONLY her in the train yesterday. (I did not kiss others).
4. I kissed her ONLY in the train yesterday (I did not kiss outside the train).
5. I kissed her in ONLY the train yesterday (Not other places).
6. I kissed her in the ONLY train yesterday (no other train that day).
7. I kissed her in the train ONLY yesterday (Not today).
8. I kissed her in the train yesterday ONLY (Did not wait for today).
This is the beauty and complexity of the English language...!!!!
Happy Mothers Day Wishes In English
World English Language Day || April 23
Words to use Instead of "Very"
400 Varusama Thinicchu Parthum English-eh Engalukku Mulusa Yeralada...
Confused Words Meanings || Useful Pictures
MUST WATCH: This video was shot near the Harrington road area. This old lady's house has been washed away and she has been living on the road for the past fe...
பாட்டிம்மா... உங்க பேரனா என்னை தத்து எடுத்துக்குறீங்களா ..?
Time for English class boys!!
The only word in the English where you can create new words by removing any one letter
English slang, Idioms and common expression
Sharing of your eye catching pictures, videos and news of trendy topics are listed under the English category.