Today July 11 - World Population day. The day is celebrated every year to create awareness of global population issues.
Some Quick Facts:
1. There are over 7.4 billion people on earth today.
2. Based on the world’s demographics, the typical human is a 28-year-old, right-handed Chinese man
Humanity’s most common face could be radically different in just 20 years’ time. It could be Indian too, considering the country is close on the heels of China, population wise.
3. The most common first name in the world is Mohammed.
4. If Facebook were a country, it would be the most populous nation on earth.
In 2015, the social networking site announced that 1.39 billion people log in to Facebook each month to scroll their News Feeds, communicate with friends and look at photos.
5. 6.5 per cent of all the people that have ever lived in this world are alive right now.
6. The 7th million baby called Baby Nargis was born at 07:25 local Indian time (01:55GMT) in Mall village of Uttar Pradesh state.
The 5th billion baby was born in 1987 in Croatia. The 6th billion baby was born in 1999 in Herzegovina.
7. One in three children under the age of 5 have never been officially registered till date.
8. About 52% of the total world population is under 30 years old
9. Nearly 34,000 people are forcibly displaced every day as a result of conflict or persecution: UNHCR
10. According to the UN's data for the year 2015, around 21.3 million people across the world are refugeees.
54 per cent of them come from three countries: Syria Afghanistan Somalia
65.3 million people have been forced out of their homes. Among the 21.3 million refugees, over half of them are under the age of 18.
10 million people have been denied a nationality and access to basic rights such as education, healthcare, employment and freedom of movement.
BEIJING: China expects its population to rise by around 45 million -- almost the number of people in Spain -- in the next five years, it said Saturday, as it confronts a growing demographic crisis in the wake of the one-child policy. A draft five-year...
Visualize and compare Religion Population If Only 100 People Lived in India.
Visualize and compare If Only 100 Christians Lived in India.
Visualize and compare Prison Population If World has Only 100 People.
Visualize and compare Muslim Population If Only 100 People Lived In Earth.
Muslim Population If Only 100 People Lived In Earth
Visualize and compare If Only 100 People Lived in World.
If Only 100 People Lived in World
This is how it would look, if the world were represented by 100 people. More than 35% of world's population is occupied by both China and India.